Today as its Shravan Somvar I have prepared something really sweet. Its a variant of puran poli and is very easy to prepare.
For Outer coating
- Maida -2-3 cups
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chana Dal – 4 cups
- Jaggery or Gudd – 4 cups
- Raisins – 1 cup
- Cashewnut – 1 cup
- Sunth / ginger powder – 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder -2 tsp
1. Make a dough using maida, salt, oil and water. Prepare a ball of maida and let it rest for an hour.
2. For making stuffing cook the chana dal with some water in a pressure cooker. Allow the cooker to blow only one whistle then switch off the burner.
3. Then add jaggery in hot chana dal along with cashwenuts. raisins, ginger powder and cardomom powder.
4. Now on a wooden board and with help of rolling pin make a small chapati of the dough which we was resting for an hour.
5. In the small chapati insert a ball of stuffing and envelope the round dough around the stuffing.
6. Place these Dinde in a steamer for 5 mins. Lovely sweet Purnache Dinde are ready!!
Dinde can be eaten along with milk or the famous Katachi Amti 🙂