Thank you all for reading my blog!! This recipe is dedicated to all my friends who want to make Kalwan today. I hope writing it down has simplified yours as well as my work :))) Kalwan is very famous Pathare Prabhu preparation and extremely simple as well as yummy treat to all! The taste and the sight of the curry is similar to Thai curry and the best part is that one can add any core ingredient for example peas, potatoes, veggies, boneless chicken, prawns, etc.
Ingredients required are:
- Grated coconut – 2 cups
- Green Chilli – 2-3 in number
- Coriander – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coconut Milk – 2 cups
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice
- In a mixer or processor mix Grated coconut, Chilli, Garlic, Salt, Coriander, Rice Flour and water. Blend them nicely till you get a smooth mixture.
- In an utensil pour the mixture and add turmeric as well as coconut milk. Now let it heat on medium flame.
- Keep stirring the curry continuously till the mixture is nicely cooked.
- DO NOT BOIL the curry just reduce the flame once the mixture has reached the boiling point
- Switch off the burner and let the curry rest and cool.
- Once the curry has reached the room temperature put an entire lemon juice to add sourness to the curry.
- Yummy KALWAN is ready. You can actually add peas, potatoes, vegetables, chicken and prawns to the curry.
- Simple to prepare and takes only 20 -30 mins to prepare. An entire meal which can be served with roti, chapati and rice.