Desi-dessert which is adored by all age groups, easily prepared, not time consuming and doesn’t require any additional expertise. A person which very basic knowledge of cooking and make this yummy dessert!
- Seviya – 100 gm
- Milk – half a litre
- Ghee – 1 table spoon
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Kesar – 1 teaspoon
- Elaichi powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Heat the ghee in non stick kadai or utensil under a low flame. Once the ghee is heated add seviya after breaking them into small strands. Let the seviya be roasted evenly to get a nice golden brown colour. You can add raisin once the seviya is raosted.
- Gently add milk and kesar allowing all the ingredients to be mixed together. Keep stirring to avoid any lumps of seviya sticking to the bottom of the utensil.
- Let the milk condensed slightly on a medium flame to get a nice creamy mixture.
- Once that consistency is achieved pour some sugar with a pinch of salt. Heat the kheer, gently stirring the sugar to melt.
- At the end put some elaichi powder for flavour.