Tisrya aka Clamps some people call them Shimpli. Rich in Proteins and Calcium…also Cholesterol. Bags of flavour and extremely easy to prepare and consume.
- Tisrya / Clamps / Shimpli – 10 to 20
- Potatoes – 4
- Finely diced Onions – 2 cups
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Diced Tomato – 1 cup
- Garam Masala (cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and black pepper)
- Turmeric -1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder -2 tsp
- Cleaning the clamps is the first step of the recipe. Wash the clamps thoroughly under running water and boil them with water under a medium flame. After cooking the clamps you will notice that the water has turned turbid. This water is rich in proteins and calcium. Now you can break the clamps into halves and discard the empty shells.
- Peel potato’s and dice them into small pieces.
- In a non stick pan heat some oil and roast 1 cup of onions. Keep the golden brown roasted onions aside to cool. Then in the same oiled pan roast grated coconut until it releases some lovely aroma and looks golden brown. Again keep it aside to cool.
- Now take a nonstick pot and pour some oil to heat. After the oil is heated throw in some garam masala (including 2 cinnamon’s, 2-3 bay leaves, 4 cloves and 4 black pepper).
- Then add 1 cup of finely diced onions, turmeric and red chilli powder. Stir fry onion until they are golden brown.
- Add in some diced tomato’s and let them turn soft and mushy.
- Add the clamps and the turbid water to the utensil along with finely diced potato’s. You can sprinkle some salt as per your taste.
- Let this entire curry cook for about 5-8 mins under medium flame.
- Meanwhile in a blender mix the roasted onions and grated coconut which we have kept aside to cool. You will get a fine consistency of puree.
- After the curry is simmered and potato’s are cooked add the puree and let the curry cook for about 2-3 mins.
- Serve TISRYACHI CURRY with steamed rice.