I came across this scrumptious, tangy, mouth watering fruit called Averrhoa Bilimbi. The fruit is very crunchy when unripe and it turns from bright-green to yellowish-green, when it is ripe.
One can eat them raw by applying salt and spice after cutting, just like raw mango (kacchi kairi).
- Bilimbi fruit- 8-9 nos
- Coconut milk pack- 2 packs (one whole grated coconut milk)
- Onion- 1 finely chopped
- Jeera- 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Rice flour- 2 tsp
- Sugar- 5 to 6 tsp
- Chop Bilimbi fruit in circular rings and cook it in pressure cooker for 10 mins along with jeera, turmeric and onion.
- Now mix the above mentioned cooked ingredients with coconut milk and rice flour. If you are using coconut pack then dilute the milk with some water.
- Once the mixture boils put some salt and sugar till it dissolves completely.
- Do not over boil the Sheer since the coconut milk tends to curdle.
- You can garnish with coriander before serving.