- Chana Dal soaked overnight in water: 2 cups
- Ova / Ajwain leaves: 10 nos.
- Jeera- 2 tsp
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Besan: if required
- Grind the overnight soaked Chana dal in a mixer. Try to grind the dal with minimum water.
- Add finely chopped ova leaves along with salt, jeera, turmeric and red chilli powder in the chana dal mixture.
- If there is some moisture in the mixture then add few spoons of besan to give the batter a binding agent.
- Now with help of your hand gently drop a blob of the batter in heated oil kadai.
- Achieving right temperature of oil must be tested by gently pouring a drop of the batter to see whether it floats.
- Deep fry the ova leaves muthe/bajiya until they are golden brown in colour.
- Drain excess of oil and serve ova leaves muthe with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.