Purnima or Poornima is the day of Full Moon. Kojagiri Purnima is a an auspicious day where all Maharashtrains worship the full moon and cherish delicious Kojagiri kheer. Many communities make masala milk on this full moon night. Pathare Prabhu community relishes the Kojagiri kheer containing poha and loads of dry fruits.
It is definitely a calorie bomb but the taste of yummy kheer lingers in your mouth. I would recommend everyone to enjoy this kheer on a beach with your loved one. I am sure this will be a night to remember. Today I made this kheer and served it in wine glasses..here have a look!
- Milk - 1litre
- Poha - 1 cup (soaked in water for 5 mins)
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Elaichi powder
- Nuts for garnish
- Bring a litre of milk to boil in a thick bottom utensil. Add a cup of soaked poha and let the milk condense for 5 mins.
- Then add Kesar and let the mixture of milk and poha condense for 10 mins. Always keep stirring with a laddle so that it doesn't stick to the bottom
- After the milk is completely condensed add sugar, elaichi powder for flavour and nuts for garnish.
- Serve the Kojagiri Purnima kheer cold while enjoying the full moon!