Every year, the Ajinkya Family welcomes Lord Ganesha with offerings of Ukdiche modak and Raghvdas ladoo. Our family makes around 4 to 5 kg of ladoos to distribute among the devotees of Ganesha.
The Raghvdas Ladoos ladden with sugar syrup are wet rawa or semolina balls that melt in your mouth.
Please note: This recipe is only for 1 kg of Ladoos.
- Rawa/ Semolina – 1000 gm
- Sugar – 800 gm
- Ghee – 400-500 gm
- Coconut – 1 (grated)
- Elaichi powder
- Make a 2 types of Sugar Syrups -Thick Sugar Syrup: In 400 gm sugar pour sufficient water until it just immerses the sugar.Diluted Sugar Syrup: In 400 gm sugar pour equal quantity of water.
- Boil both the syrup so that the thick sugar sugar comes to the stringy stage. (Remember to remove the impurities from the surface of the syrups)
- Roast rawa/semolina in a microwave or in a hard bottomed utensil until it tuns yellowish in colour. Well roasted rawa gives a distinct aroma. Also roast grated coconut for 10 mins.
- Once the semolina is roasted pour ghee and stir the mixture gently. Now microwave or roast the mixture for few minutes.
- In this mixture pour both of the sugar syrups and mix well.
- Add Roasted coconut, Elaichi powder for flavor and raisins for garnish.
- Make ladoo i.e balls of the entire mixture. Let it cool to form lovely Raghavdas Ladoo.