Wishing all the readers of the blog..A very Happy and Prosperous New year !!!
It is rightly said that start of the year must be a SWEET.
So my first post of this year is on Gajar Halwa. My kids adore Gajar Halwa and thats one sweet dish which can be very easily made in a microwave without supervision.
Gajar which is carrots is full of vitamin A and winter season is an ideal time to find sweet and big red carrots in plenty. Who doesn’t find carrots yummy…even bugs bunny goes nuts consuming delicious carrots 😛
Combination of carrots (gajar) + ghee + sugar = GAJAR HALWA
Using microwave for making this dish is an ideal form of cooking. No tension of burning the halwa while cooking and you can just relax while the halwa get ready in minutes.
Go ahead make gajar halwa at the brim of this auspicious new year and le me know how it turns out!
- Carrots - 4-5 large
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 cups
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Elaichi powder - 2 tsp
- Almonds and cashew nuts - for garnish
- Wash and then grate the carrots in a clean microwave bowl.
- Add ghee, milk powder and cook for 10 mins
- Stir after 10 mins and then pour sugar with Elaichi powder. Set the microwave again for 10 mins.
- After the carrot are cooked well together the Gajar Halwa is ready.