Curry a common dish made in every household of India. Pathare prabhu community with their extreme love for sea food and coconut have combined these components giving birth to Prawns Curry. With minimal ingredients required this delicacy can be prepared in minutes. I really enjoy curry with steamed basmatic rice. However my kids love the flavour with hot paratha or roti.
There are number of ways to prepare the curry and i assure you with any method the outcome is just simply superb. The fact that the combination of coconut with seafood is simply divine. That explains the sol kaddi served at very famous seafood restaurant Gazalee located in Mumbai. Most mumbaikars will occasionally visit this place for the tasty seafood treats.
Coconut milk is the liquid that comes from meat of grated coconut, it has high oil content. It can be easily made at home by using blender and some water. There are coconut packs also available in the market.
Prawns come in different sizes for this recipe I have used medium sized prawns with their shells removed. I have also devein the prawns so that now they are ready to be cooked.
Kindly refer to the recipe below for preparing this cuisine today!
- Prawns 10-15
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Gram Masala
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- Coriander for garnish
- Marinate cleaned prawns with turmeric, salt, red chili powder and garam masala.
- Soak tamarind in water so that there is tamarind pulp ready to use.
- In a cooking utensil heat oil, I have used mustard oil (3 tsp).
- Add cinnamon sticks to the heated oil.
- Now add finely chopped onion and saute it until the colour changes.
- Add some turmeric powder, garam masala and red chili powder along with wheat flour.
- Roast the wheat flour and then add some water.
- Now place the marinated prawns in this to cook.
- Also add tamarind pulp and salt (if required)
- Once prawns are cooked add coconut milk and let it simmer.
- Do not boil the coconut milk it can curdle.